The MAHLE Motorsport PowerPak kit is our high volume shelf stock program developed for high performance enthusiasts and sportsman class racers. The PowerPak pistons are predominantly made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances and improved temperature stability. Some applications require 2618 alloy including the PowerPak Plus category. Each kit is complete with a set of high performance rings, containing either a low drag 1.0mm, 1.0mm, 2.0mm set, a 1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm set, or a 1/16", 1/16”, 3/16” high performance Ring Pak standard with big block kits.
All of our applications can be found in our catalog.
PowerPak feature includes:
- Forged piston for performance applications
- Fully-machined crown
- Grafal® anti-Friction coating on skirts*
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling**
- Pin bores finished on CNC boring equipment
- Hand deburred
- High strength, light weight German steel pins
- Race-proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pack
- Light weight slipper skirt forgings
* MAHLE’s GRAFAL® skirt coating reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
** Phosphate coating provides the grey appearance to the MAHLE piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oiling system of the engine reaches operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and microwelding. The piston crown is still machineable.