Power Pak pistons
The MAHLE Motorsports Power Pak kit is our high volume shelf stock program developed for high performance enthusiasts and sportsman class racers. The Power Pak pistons are predominately made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances, and improved temperature stability. Some applications require 2618 alloy including the Power Pak Plus category. Each kit is complete with a set of high performance rings, containing a low drag 1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm set or 1/16’, 1/16”, 3/16” high performance Ring Pak standard with big block kits.
All of our applications can be found in our catalog.
Power Pak feature includes:
- Forged piston for performance applications
- Fully-machined crown
- Grafal anti-Friction coating on skirts*
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling**
- Pin bores binished on CNC boring equipment
- High strength, light weight steel pins
- Race proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pak
- Light weight slipper kirt forgings
* MAHLE’s GRAFAL® skirt coating reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
** Phosphate coating provides the grey appearance to the MAHLE piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oiling system of the engine reaches operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and microwelding. The piston crown is still machineable.